BAR MANAGER | SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE - PORTSIDE WESTERN FOYERS
The Sydney Opera House welcomes millions of visitors from all over the world every year. This world famous landmark on the beautiful Sydney Harbour hosts world-class performances, spectacular events and amazing dining experiences.
Trippas White Group has a proud history of providing boutique and exceptional hospitality services to guests in our iconic venues around Sydney. We are excited to be recruiting for the theatre bars and event spaces in the Sydney Opera House. We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced supervisors to join our expanding team.
We are looking for an experienced Bar Manager who can work autonomously supporting the Operations Manager with four bar operations in the Sydney Opera House. You will be an experienced Operator who enjoys the thrill of managing high volume bar service with speed, efficiency & style. You will have a love for the hospitality industry, provide outstanding guest experience and be a dedicated professional. You will need to be flexible in your working hours as this role requires mainly nights and weekend shifts.
To ensure your success in this role you MUST have:
- A minimum 3 years' experience in a high volume bar operation – including queue management plus speed of service for pre-show, matinee and post show operations
- Experience in POS systems, stock ordering/ control/ management & a strong focus on bar staff training
- Strong service skills, Cuisine and Wine/Cocktail knowledge along with the ability to implement Bar efficiencies
- Cocktail experience & knowledge of wines/spirits is essential
- Cash handling & admin skillsets
- Previous experience in Performing Arts Centres & Theatres is highly desirable
- Immaculate grooming, pride in presentation & a strong ability to communicate
- Flexible availability
To apply for this role, please fill out the questions on our careers page.